Comics, comedy, community garden, live music, art and theatre and more. Here’s a round up of some of what’s happening in Leytonstone in the next week or so. Please share!
Saturday 23 February, 2.30pm-4.30pm
Comic Lab at Leytonstone Library
Find out how to make your own comic strip with professional cartoonist Steve Marchant. The event is free but you need to book.
6 Church Lane
London, E11 1HG
Saturday 23 February
Laughter Zone at the Luna Lounge
The Luna Lounge’s regular monthly Laughter Zone is on this Saturday, and on Friday they are featuring Silver Hill — acoustic originals and classic covers.
See the Luna Lounge website for their regular programme of events.
Exhibitions at The Stone Space
Waiting – 21 February to 17 March 2013
Fixations – 21 March to 14 April
More information from: The Stone Space Gallery
Coming up next week
Tuesday 26 February
The East Side Jazz Club presents John Altman’s Big Band at The Heathcote Arms
A busy programme at the Plough and Harrow
Leytonstone’s newest music venue had a busy programme of events next week:
- Thu 28: Jam Club present Best of Acoustic
- Fri 1: Another Winter Productions presents Swinging For Mars + Summer Snowmen + Mary Do You Wanna
- Sat 2: Artery —4 great alternative edgy guitar bands
- Tue 5: Turn Off Your Television — Variety Open Mic
- Fri 8: Gerry Byrne (Spectrum Radio) Irish Roadshow DJ session
- Sat 9: Get Ploughed Live —Prison Blues + Impossible Things + Loose Joints
Other regular events
Monday nights are Quiz Night at the Red Lion. See the Red Lion website for details of their regular and special events. What’s Cooking has music on Wednesday’s and the 2nd, 4th and 5th Saturday of the month and is now at the Birkbeck Tavern. There’s Live Music on Friday Nights at O’Neill’s and look out for dates for live music at The North Star Sessions.
Sat 2 Mar
491 Community Garden Wake Up And Smell The Flowers
Woodhouse Players Triple Bill
- Glengarry Glen Ross by David Mamet
- A Separate Peace by Tom Stoppard
- The Book Club of Little Witterington by Joan Greening
Fri 8 and Sat 9 March 2013
Fri 15 and Sat 16 March 2013
Welsh Church Hall
More information and to book: Woodhouse Players website