If you have premises, Google is the first place you should be. You should make sure you are on Google Maps where you can also add basic contact details and a link to your website if you’ve got one. It’s entirely free and these days not being there is the equivalent of not being in the phone book some years ago. Google+ is also a must. See this week’s post Get Online Week Social Media.
See if your business is there already, or not there.
Google also offers lots of other free facilities which you can use for your business, not just for promotion but also to find out what’s happening in your market place and let you keep an eye out for what your competition is doing online, plus free software. Google of course also offers paid advertising. Read more on the Google Retail advertising blog.
You can get a free listing, or an enhanced paid listing in the following directories:
- Waltham Forest Guardian Business Directory
- North London Business Directory
- Visit London (Leytonstone)
- Time Out
- Independent Retailer Month (July), including Indie Christmas
- UK Small Business Directory
- Thomson Local
Do you know any more?
There are lots more, just go to Google Search and search on UK free business listings. If you find any you would recommend, contact me and I’ll add them to this site.
Blog articles in this series
Get Online Week is a national initiative which I have adapted to be relevant for businesses in Leytonstone. I hope you’ve found these posts useful.
If you need help getting your business online, see my professional website and feel free to contact me.
- Get Online Week
- Starting out with social media
- Setting up your first website
- E-publications and other ways to get online
- Getting strategic
- Some free ways for Leytonstone businesses to promote themselves
See also these new pages: